Reply by Davison Inventions

To Ms. Marcia Felder,

We understand that customer service is vital in all businesses, and is imperative when operating a successful business. Customer concerns upset everyone and our staff works very hard to troubleshoot them so communication errors are kept to a minimum. From the time of an initial contact, through the research and development of a new product idea, to the presentation of a client’s product sample, we try to maintain an open channel of communication, disclosing our services and fee upfront and securing our clients’ approval and authorization throughout the process.

As stated in your post, you submitted a patented idea to Davison. It bears noting that it was a design patent and not a utility patent. The significant distinction being that the design patent addresses only the ornamental features and not the structure and/or function of the idea. Davison is not a prototype manufacturer that creates a product sample based upon the client’s preconceived notions. Davison is a design and development firm whose goal is to create a product sample that is a cost-effective solution to the problem identified by the client. The contract explicitly states that there may be modifications, sometimes significant, to the client’s proposed solution. Davison began its services and submitted a proposed design for your review. The express purpose of securing a client’s approval of the design, before the physical product sample is constructed, is to resolve any issues at the early stage of the development process. You did not approve the initial proposed design, which is fine. Davison has received your comments and is reviewing the design. A representative will be contacting you in the near future to resolve the issues and move your project forward.

For over 25 years, Davison has helped everyday people prepare and present their ideas to corporations, manufacturers, and retailers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry.

Quick facts about Davison and our process

• We are based in Pittsburgh, PA and works with clients from around the world.
• We have been in business since 1989.
• Our products have been sold by over 1,000 stores & online retailers.
• We design, build and package products for both individuals and corporate clients.
• Our staff of 250 plus are dedicated to helping bring new product ideas to life.
• Our staff has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs.
• We are a member of the Online Business Bureau and other affiliate groups.

We encourage any questions or concerns be brought to our attention at CCA@davisoninvents.com. Maybe we can help. Thank you.
Author's

Submitted Patented idea to Davison, in hopes of working with them for licensing product (hair accessory organizer case).Made it quite easy for them by sending design specs, picture of what it should look like.

After they were paid in full the flat fee $13+ after two months of constant calls, asking has anything been accomplished-they sent me picture of some crappy looking case that did not even resemble my idea, wanting me to sign off on it!I requested that they would do design according to specs I sent, they are refusing to do it, very suspicious of their real motives, to steal inventors ideas!

Review about: Davison Inventions Invention Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?