Reply by Davison Inventions

To PissedConsumer.com,

Ms. Mills alleges she was told she need only pay $745 for the design and development of her product idea and she demands a refund. As will be detailed below, Ms. Mills was fully apprised of the types of services offered and their related fees BEFORE any contract was entered. Second, Ms. Mills received the benefit of the services for which she contracted; she has simply decided not to pursue further services with Davison. Nothing in her complaint warrants a refund of monies paid for services rendered. Finally, as Ms. Mills states, she first raised her concerns through the BBB, which did not resolve the matter in her favor. It is clear she simply refuses to accept the facts and is seeking any forum to vent in an effort to harass, disparage and defame Davison in an effort to extort a refund.

Ms. Mills contacted Davison about a new product idea through DavisonÂ’s website. The system Davison utilizes for electronic submissions makes it impossible for a person to submit an idea without first having two separate disclosures displayed in a printable and savable format, and the person electronically acknowledging the disclosures. On 05/06/2011, Ms. Mills acknowledged, via an electronic signature, that she received and read the two disclosure statements. Though she disputes this action, we provided the BBB with data of the date, exact time, and IP address of the computer she used to make this acknowledgment.

On 07/19/2011, Ms. Mills entered into an agreement for Pre-Development services which obligated Davison to compile research data related to her product idea. Davison completed these services and forwarded the compiled research to Ms. Mills on or about 07/10/2012. Following the completion of the services, Davison offered Ms. Mills a proposed agreement for the construction of a product sample and presentation materials. Ms. Mills has chosen not to engage Davison under this contract, which is her prerogative, and has made no advance payments toward the proposed agreement.

Having completed the services for which there existed a contract, having not entered into any subsequent agreement for services, and having not received any advance payments toward any subsequent agreement for services - Davison has no obligation, legal or otherwise, to refund any monies paid by Ms. Mills for services rendered

For over 22 years, Davison has helped everyday people prepare and present their ideas to corporations, manufacturers, and retailers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry.

Quick facts about Davison and our process

• We are based in Pittsburgh, PA and works with clients from around the world.
• We have been in business since 1989.
• Our products have been sold by over 1,000 stores & online retailers.
• We design, build and package products for both individuals and corporate clients.
• Our staff of 250 plus are dedicated to helping bring new product ideas to store shelves.
• Our staff has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs.
• We are a member of the Online Business Bureau and other affiliate groups.

We encourage any questions or concerns be brought to our attention at CCA@davisoninvents.com. Maybe we can help. Thank you.
Author's
Waretown, New Jersey

Update by user Oct 25, 2012

I will not stop complaing until I receive my money back. I will next go to the federal government, I will contact the council people,Senators, Governors and next the person the President appointed to stop consumers from being scammed. This is a shame to deceive people, to do it to a disabled person on a fixed income is even worse.

Original review posted by user Oct 25, 2012

I was told by Davison that they would research and develop a sample of my idea to be presented to a targeted company.After I paid over $700 they asked me for more money without giving me a sample, they claimed they picked a company to target.

When I complained about the additional money without a sample they said I only paid for the research . I complained to the BBB they lied and said I signed additional contracts . I did not sign anything stating I would pay anymore money. I will not stop until I receive my money back.

They never gave me anything in relation to my idea specifically, I was told by Bob if that was his real name they were working on a sample and I would be able to approve packaging etc. Then once they wanted more money and I complained they started making up things that I suppossedly signed and emails I sent suppossedly agreeing. The only email I sent was to complain about them asking for more money and not delivering a sample.

They lied and I have in writing from them that I was to receive a sample of my idea any other samples would be additional money, not the sample included to the targeted company.The exact words were a sample would be completed then they would find a targeted company not the other way around.

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?