Reply by Davison Inventions

We understand that customer service is vital in all businesses and is imperative when operating a successful business. Customer concerns upset everyone and our staff works very hard to troubleshoot them so communication errors are kept to a minimum. From reading your complaint there appears to a communication breakdown and you are upset. We are acknowledging your post so let’s fix this. We are sure that you received our initial printed brochure, visited our website and received subsequent materials - all of which thoroughly described our services. All potential clients receive the benefit of the disclosures of the costs of all of our services and the numbers of clients we have served and the licensing and profit rates of those clients. On March 25, 2011, you received full disclosure of all of the company’s services and projected fees. You acknowledged receipt of those materials online as part of the process of submitting your idea. Furthermore, the contract that you entered into clearly disclosed that it was your responsibility to provide a sample and presentation materials for your product idea. The contract provided that you could get those materials from any source, but that Davison would offer to make those materials under a separate contract for a separate fee. We have been in business for 22 years, are completely transparent, comply with the American Inventors Protection Act, warn inventors of the risks of inventing and comply with all contractual agreements. Our staff of over 250 has worked very hard to have our inventions sell in over 1,000 different retail outlets and because of all of our efforts we have become the number 1 licensing product design and development firm in the world. We are in the business of building product samples and packaging. When you are in business you are obliged to pay the staff, taxes, operation expenditures, vendors, utility companies, and so forth. The blogger needs to realize that being in business costs money, but we run into inventors that think we should work for free while they gain the opportunity to collect royalties from our work. It costs money to research, design and build products. They seem to have forgotten that it was their invention and that they contacted us seeking assistance. Finally, it is simply untrue that Davison presents products to only one company. Davison has approximately 2,000 companies registered to confidentially receive and review product ideas. Any time that the company proposes to present a product to a company, the client is informed of the identity of that company and the number of presentations that the company has received in the past and the number that have resulted in license agreements. We are sure that you received this information. For others reading this response, below you will find a brief outline of our services: Step One: All customers must acknowledge invention development is high risk. In order to do so, each prospective customer is provided with an Affirmative Disclosure and an American Inventors Protection Act disclosure, which includes a description of all of our services and estimated fees. All potential clients must acknowledge that they received and read these disclosures before we accept any idea submission from them. Thereby, we ensure that the general public understands that inventing is time-consuming, is costly and rarely results in profit. As a result, none of our clients reasonably can have the impression that inventing is easy and financially rewarding. Inventing can be educational, fun and exciting as long as everyone keeps in mind that there are no guarantees that profits are imminent. Step Two: Pre-Development Service Offer: After receipt of an invention idea we could offer to perform preliminary design research services on the project. This would include researching prior patents and other products that are for sale or have been for sale that are similar to the one submitted. Any service offer made to a potential client is made in writing. Therefore, consumers are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing and when they will receive them. Step Three: Invention Prototype Services Offer: If the inventor does not have a professional quality sample for use, we can perform one or more services, including brainstorming new product designs, designing components, creating prototypes, building working models, virtual reality renderings, and complete product graphics and packaging. Again, any service offerings are outlined in a written contractual format. Therefore, clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing. Step Four: Licensing Representation: Once projects are designed, built and packaged our team presents them to companies for licensing consideration The above is a basic outline of how our company does business. Clearly, all of our services are provided with full risk disclosures and on a written contract basis only. If you are ever contemplating any development services, we hope that you will consider us. We think that you will find our prices to be very reasonable for the services we offer. For over 20 years, we have helped people prepare and present their ideas to corporations and manufacturers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry. Quick facts about our company and our process We are based in Pittsburgh, PA and work with clients from around the world. We have been in business since 1989. Our company’s products have been sold by over 990 stores & online retailers. Our staff designs products for both individuals and corporate clients. We have over 250 staff members. Our staff has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs. We are a member of the Online Business Bureau. Our services include research, prototype development, and packaging design. We hope you found the above helpful, but if you want additional information on anything concerning the company, please email cca@davisoninvents.com CCA
Author's

I had a product idea that the company was on board for. I told them that I had $750 that I could give them but that I was going to be unable to supply them with more money. They said no problem. That they could work with me no matter what and that with the product described they could definitely make it work. I asked a second time if they were sure. I reminded them that I would not have additional money to invest later. They assured me that they would be able to get my idea in front of companies without any additional investments. I then gave them money and went on with their process.

Weeks later they got back to me and said they had a company in mind to pitch my idea to. After researching the company I said that I wasn't comfortable with the company and that I didn't feel it was in the same industry as what my product was intended for.

Clearly Davison only pitches ideas to this one company and they pitch every idea to them. They said that that was where they were going to start and if they didnt like it they would pitch it to the competitors.

I let them know that there competitor wouldnt be in the same line as well and I was talked over and then told that is where they were going to start.

I gave in and then they said that to pitch the idea they needed a product sample. I stopped the company's pitch man and calmly reminded him that I had previously told him that I would not have additional money to invest. He responded with the fact that his company does not pitch ideas unless there was a product sample.

I reminded him again that I told him earlier that I would not have this money. He responded with, "Well it looks like you are no longer happy with Davison, and that we should go in seperate directions."

Just like that? I had spoken with the same person through out, and now he is telling me completely different stories. I attempted to remind him that we had a previous conversation about my lack of funds and he continued to tell me it was clear that Davison was no longer the company for me.

In short, don't give this company a dime if you don't have stacks of cash behind it that you are willing to give to them until you have been bled dry.

I just wish there were more ways to get the word out before more people make the same mistakes I did.

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?