Reply by Davison Inventions

To Mr. Paul Makowski; We understand that customer service is vital in all businesses and is imperative when operating a successful business. Customer concerns upset everyone and our staff works very hard to troubleshoot them so communication errors are kept to a minimum. Occasionally, events beyond our control complicate an otherwise simple process. You have been a valued client since first contacting us in December of 2010. Your product sample has been designed, constructed and presented to numerous corporations, all pursuant to your express written approval and authorization. Further, you have completed multiple questionnaires along the way in which you have provided positive feedback. Unfortunately no corporation has yet agreed to license your product idea. As you stated in your post, on July 11, 2012 you made a request for your product sample and completed the necessary forms to have the sample shipped to your attention. Before shipping a product sample, whether it is to a corporation or to a client, the sample is inspected to ensure it is in proper functioning condition. As a result of this process, your product sample needed to be re-built prior to being shipped. This was completed and the sample was shipped via United States Postal Service with signature confirmation required. Unfortunately, the Postal Service delivered the shipment to an individual other than you, contrary to the signature requirement procedures. The Postal Service has opened a case file, # CA110089604, to investigate and hopefully locate this mis-delivered parcel. In the meantime, Davison is again re-building your product sample and will ship it at the earliest possible time. While this series of events is unfortunate, Davison is doing all it can to promptly address the matter. For over 22 years, Davison has helped everyday people prepare and present their ideas to corporations, manufacturers, and retailers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry. Quick facts about Davison and our process We are based in Pittsburgh, PA and work with clients from around the world. We have been in business since 1989. Our products have been sold by over 1000 stores & online retailers. We design, build and package products for both individuals and corporate clients. Our staff of 250 plus are dedicated to helping bring new product ideas to store shelves. Our staff has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs. We are a member of the Online Business Bureau and other affiliate groups. We encourage any questions or concerns be brought to our attention at CCA@davisoninvents.com. Maybe we can help. Thank you.
Author's

On July 11 I submited my paperwork to receive my prototype sample in the mail, which I paid for and own. I was supposed to get the product in approximately three weeks according ot the paperwork, as long as the sample was in good condition.

Three weeks passed and still no sample so i started following up. Long story short, week after week I contacted the representative at Davison i was working with in licensing who told me everything was being shipped on schedule, yet 7 weeks later i still had nothing. For the last three weeks i've been trying to get a hold of someone, leaving frustrating emails and voicemessages, with no answers from anyone there. Come to find out the sample was damaged and they never made a new one for me yet i was being told it already shipped.

I am losing out on business opportunities in the mean time as i'm trying to sell the licensing for the product and was counting on having the product in hand by the date i was told i would. I need to provide physical samples to market and sell this item on my own and I'm sure Davsion is in no rush to get it to me since they don't benefit if i sell the idea without them. It has now been 10 weeks since my initial request and i still dont know if my sample was ever remade or shipped or what they've done with it. i even spoke to the head of licensing and consumer affairs last week who told me she would have the owner call me after we exchanged a few words.

i have still yet to hear from someone with a resolution to this matter, they still have the product i paid for, and there is nothing left for me to do really but repot the truth about this company to the BBB (which they score a D- on in customer service as of today's date, what a surprise). In my opinion nobody should waste their money on Davison.

I have other complaints questioning the quality of work they put out but let's just take this one step at a time. i will make it my full time job to speak the truth about them to ensure nobody else makes the mistake i did by cutting them my first check in lieu of other bad reviews.

Review about: Davison Inventions Customer Care.