Reply by Davison Inventions

To Mr. Anthony Gargotta - Report # 243437,

We would like to thank you for your post retracting your initial complaint and are glad that we have been able to resolve your concerns. We understand that customer service is vital in all businesses and is imperative when operating a successful business. Customer concerns upset everyone and our staff works very hard to troubleshoot them so communication errors are kept to a minimum. From the time of an initial contact, through the research and development of a new product idea, to the presentation of a client’s product sample, we try to maintain an open channel of communication, disclosing our services and fees upfront and securing our clients’ approval and authorization throughout the process.

For over 23 years, Davison has helped everyday people prepare and present their ideas to corporations, manufacturers, and retailers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry.

Quick facts about Davison and our process

We are based in Pittsburgh, PA and works with clients from around the world.
We have been in business since 1989.
Our products have been sold by over 1,000 stores & online retailers.
We design, build and package products for both individuals and corporate clients.
Our staff of 250 plus are dedicated to helping bring new product ideas to life.
Our staff has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs.
We are a member of the Online Business Bureau and other affiliate groups.

We encourage any questions or concerns be brought to our attention at CCA@davisoninvents.com. Maybe we can help. Thank you.
Author's

I am writing about Davison and Invention Land based in Pittsburgh. Davison has taken over $10,000.00 from me and claim they have done nothing wrong but I have been robbed. I have also been lied to, falsely misled, and pressured into signing an agreement with lies.

When Davison submitted my product concept to me in drawing form, I was very concerned that it did not reflect my concept at all. Davison does say that the final product may not look like what the person originally thought it would. I understand that, but the whole concept was different. I was given a drawing of a manual product and my concept was for it to be automatic. When I expressed my concerns to 2 of the coaches, I was told that this is to just get us in the door with a major company then they would present the automatic idea. I made 8 phone calls before I signed to make sure this was true. I did not feel comfortable with signing it, but was assured that my "automatic concept" would be really what is being presented.

I signed it under their pressure to trust them and that they needed this manual version to get a foot in the door with the company to market it. It was rejected. When I talked to Mr Vescio he claimed it was my concept. After a long conversation he admitted it was not my concept at all and he would give me a new start and they would go back to the drawing board, so to speak, and give me a new drawing of my automatic concept. It has now been 6 months and I have heard nothing.

I sent a letter giving them a chance to admit that this is not a possible product to make my concept a reality. In the letter I told them I would be happy to cancel the whole thing and requested 65% refund. I thought this was fair since it allowed them to keep 35% ($3,500.00) for their work even though it was not my concept and was filled with lies and deception. I gave a June 14 deadline and told Davison that if I don't hear from them by that date I would contact you and some other complaint organizations.

Lastly I am a priest and I am appalled that they would lie to me with no moral objection and steal money from a minister by using lies and deceptions.

Do not use Davison for any ideas you may have.

Rev. Anthony Gargotta

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?

Comments

nofoollike

Still nothing from tara smith. why am i not surprised,i have registered with another site too, same thing, same complaints about your company, DIVISON. HOW CAN WE ALL BE SO WRONG, WE DONT KNOW EACH OTHER, WELL, I WILL NOT GIVE UP, TILL NEXT TIME, BYE

nofoollike

well .no reply from who ever i had to contact,tara smith?are you davison's lawyer?you have my email address, you can contact me.and please dont treat me like a fool, no way can you say you tried to be amiclble,no way, asking me to retract my complaint for 2 free showings,,. on phone ofcourse,i see the reverend withdrew his complaint,i hope he got some of his money back, well, i wont withdraw mine, what i said i believe is true, regading how you suck us in with all the calls, and how our invention is good, how excited you are, i hope people read these complaints and notice how all say the same thing, are we all wrong then>>????

nofoollike

Apparently satisfied with the sample, Ms. Laughter communicated to the company that she was returning the sample to Davison to continue licensing efforts.

i never said i was satisfied .after i got the item , i did say, i may send it back when i get postage to post it,but i changed my mind as we are in a dispute, and i cant pay another 300 odd dollers to show the company has made efforts to resolve the issues amicably. Thus, the company believes that it has acted appropriately.

Davison has made efforts to resolve any issues she has had, including offering her additional services at no charge.

amicably?how did you try to sort it amicably?telling me to lie, ansd say my complaints were wrong?and post a retraction:for 2 free showings, OPTION 2 you called it.when i said no, you said, then you wont get the 2 free showings, thios is you mr vp, who i spoke to on phone.

all these complaints, all simular situations.are we all wrong? oh, and your comment.

many man hours in the reply to my posting, yes, you did spend many man hours , correct,,.because your salesman constantly called me,giving me a boost how good my invention was, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, then the cost , send more to reshow it, $335, was it....

settled amicably, i dont think so.

not sure who tara smith is, but if she is the nc office i spoke to, she is a nice person, but, can only go by what you tell hert, my comments here are soley for the staff of davison. no one...

nofoollike

thank you for the reply tara.you maybe a top lawyer working for them, if thats the case you should have access to all the phone cals i had every 2 weeks, the one with the VP,listen to that

where he tells me to retract my complaints in exchange for option2, (2 free showings) you will hear me say no, alsol the earlier ones with wilma wallis, saying my invention will be shown at trade shows.

also, yes, the list i had saying about what you do, why put in paragrah 14 ect.if you do not show items or pay cost of repacking, why add it in the list.i have nothing but my honor, and,if i am so wrong, why are complete strangers saying the same things about your client, and no, i have never been offered a refund, just talked down to by the VP,

comments