Reply by Davison Inventions

We at Davison would like to set the record straight to the following posters. Randall Buchholz – We offer economic product design and development services that mirror how manufacturers and corporations design and develop their new inventions. You are most likely not going to find better pricing than what we can offer to research, design, build and package your idea. And, like most manufacturers, we acknowledge and insist that all clients acknowledge that most ideas are not going to be profitable but that inventing demands a positive attitude and that getting a new product onto the market requires a great amount of effort. It comes down to the “spirit of inventing”. And it is odd of Mr. Buchholz to imply that he was not treated properly when our services are completely transparent, down to informing clients that we may use pre-manufactured parts as components of samples that we build. Inventing and new product development is not right for everyone. It involves risk and we provide information about those risks to everyone who approaches the company with a new idea. Nofoollike:Customer service is vital in all businesses and is imperative when operating a successful business. Customer concerns upset everyone and our staff works very hard to trouble shoot them so communication errors are kept to a minimum. From reading your complaint there appears to a communication breakdown and you are upset. We are acknowledging your post so let’s fix this. In truth, customers are not always right and companies are not always right. The effort to curing issues of concern, listening intently and calmly addressing issues is a role our Chief Consumer Advocate’s office has enthusiastically taken on. If you are a client, we are sure that you received our initial printed brochure, visited our website and received subsequent brochures - all of which thoroughly describe our services. In addition, you would have received simply written contracts that clearly describe each service offering and the fees associated with those services. When you have the opportunity please re-review the materials. If you still feel as though you did not receive the services that were described to you in writing, you should contact our offices. We try to communicate in a very complete manner while recognizing the fact we are contacted by tens of thousands of individuals from all over the world. Sometimes communications can be difficult because of cultural barriers. Thus, the great need to place all of our service offerings in clear and easily understood agreements. Mike Jones: In Mr. Jones case we have searched our records attempting to locate his name in our database and we were able to locate a client back in 2007 with the same name but our phone records show that there has not been any contact with this client since 2007. Therefore, we aren’t sure who “Mike Jones” is. We have been in business for over 22 years and we are contacted by tens of thousands of inventors and idea people per year - communications issues can occur. Therefore, Chief Consumer Advocate Office is charged with the responsibility of gathering information about possible issues of concern and assist in resolving the issue by applying the appropriate solution. As for your experience with our customer service representative, you stated . . . “He acts like he is some *** bill collector . . . “. Please be aware that the company maintains a quality assurance phone monitoring and recording system. But, since it seems as though you decided to post anonymously there is no way we could possibly investigate this claim. We are contacted by tens of thousands of people throughout the year so there is no reason for a customer service person to act “bill collector” like. However, if one did, we would like the opportunity to investigate and take corrective action. In closing, inventing and new product development is not right for everyone. You have to be willing to accept that inventing is high risk with no guarantees of profits. We are in the business of building product samples and packaging. When you are in business you are obliged to pay the staff, taxes, operation expenditures, vendors, telephone companies, utility companies, and so forth. You need to realize that being in business costs money, but we run into inventors such as these posters that think we should work for free while you gain the opportunity to collect royalties from our work. Simply put, it costs money to research, design and build products. Individuals seem to forget that it was their invention and that they contact us seeking assistance. We are here to help, so if you have questions or want to provide information on your complaint to our Chief Consumer Advocate, we ask again for you to contact us at cca@davison.com.
Author's

Davison Design, had a great Idea, they cheered me on, I sent them more money that I would like to admit, my Idea turned out that they coppied a product that was already out there and just added a small change.After two presentations to Industry they began asking me for $300.00 plus for each presentation.

I asked them to send me the product, it took them 2 months after calling every week. It finally came and I almost went through the roof to find out it was a copy of a product that already existed. I am out about $12,000.00 with nothing but an item I could have bought for $30.00.

This Company should be shut down and all the people that got screwed by this Company should be re-payed.Randall James Buchholz, Lutz, FL.

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?

Comments

nofoollike

YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN BOO HOO.

yes thomas, we do still try, the salesman.convinced me my invention would go through one day, and never give up, ok, like a fool, i paid for another showing,then another, over 300 each time, till i began to ask questions,as i keep saying, nothing was put in writing, my questions were always done on phone, even though i would send emails, i got phone call back, you think they are good, well, good luck to you, going by the amount of complaints here, you are lucky to still be in pocket,i could have posted how good davidson are, oh yeah, you see, if i had done that, i was told i would get 2 free showings.but, as i told the VP on phone, no, i will not lie, so, for being honest i knew there was no chance i would see any of my 12 grand, and by the way, i was told i would have my invention shown at trade fairs.now davidson deny they said that, any one else been told on the phone, they will get showings at trade fairs??well you wont.If only i had found this site before i started with DAVIDSON.

nofoollike

Davison inventigration, went through the process, They kept asking me for money product is a copy.....

strange you say that, i ask about a copy i saw on the paper work i got in the 1st 12 days of joining davidson.i ask, why is there an invention of my idea in the papers you sent me,i was told the copy right had not been followed up,or licence,being unable to understand anything to do with licences copy rights ect, i was lost,after 2 years of the bs i got from them, and paying over 300 each time to show to companies, i ask for written confirmation of rejections, was told, no,they dont get written rejections,the 1st davidson, or davis, called me withing 2 weeks of joining them, boy he was excited at my idea, i had many calls from davidson,i hope they did record all phone calls, then maybe mr VP can hear what he said to me the last time we spoke,well,enjoy your millions mr vp, any chance you can loan me a few grand to pay my hospital bills and medication?no?, thought not.

#190196

YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN BOO HOO YOUR OUT MONEY YOU GOT SCREWED. NOBODY FORCED YOU TO DO IT AND AFTER THE FIRST PRESENTATION YOU STILL WENT THROUGH WITH IT I BELIEVE IN DAVISON. THEY ARE AN HONEST COMPANY.

:grin

Yeah James, a 0002% success rate on paper IS better than 0001%. ***. Good luck pal.

pursuing an invention is always going to be a risk...but Davison seems to have more success then the other companies.

I had a patent attorney tell me Davison has the best results in the industry.I'm on my second project with them.

Sorry man, yeah you got f****d.Do a Google search on Davison/FTC, you'll get the number for a Stephen Ballister at the FTC in Cleveland.

He will be able to direct you on how to start the process on recouping some of your funds. I feel your pain buddy.

As a former sales guy there, I have drained the accounts of many a good family with their bulls**t.I can't give them back their funds personally because the Davison brothers, Frank Vescio and Tony Valkanas have lavish Bahamian retirement plans I'm sure, so the next best thing I can do (so I can sleep at night), is to post here and hopefully save some decent people out there the worst nightmare (as consumers) they can think of.

my question now is what should we do with our ideas out there?some one help

I am out of pocket $16,000 and am still being asked for more money for extra presentations.I dont know if my product was ever shown to anyone!!

I have requested my original designs and prototypes to be returned, but after 4 years, nothing!!

I am in Australia and had no idea this compnay was dodgy...what a fool!

This sounds like it could be me writing.

This company should have been shut down long ago.The Forbes report wrote an article on them a while back and it sounds like George Davison is just a big kid who runs his business like a Mickey Mouse Club.

I'm surprised that such a dishonest business is still up and running.

A lot of peoples dreams have been dashed and their money stolen because Mr.Davison has taken advantage of their desire to succeed with their invention.

This sounds like it could be me writing.

I'm surprised that such a dishonest business is still up and running.

comments