Reply by Davison Inventions

The previous poster wrote something that we wholeheartedly agree with—read the affirmative disclosure thoroughly before moving forward. Inventing and new product development is not right for everyone. It involves risk and we provide information about those risks to everyone who approaches the company with a new idea. If you are considering invention services from a company that doesn’t provide this information upfront, you should ask for it. The poster (twigzilla76) was incorrect that the company is not very successful. To the contrary, we aren’t aware of any company in the new product development industry that is more successful. A brief look at the actual numbers bears this out. According to the current set of disclosed numbers, which every prospective client gets and which are available through links on the company website every day, in the past five years a little fewer than 14,000 people went through our entire process of researching, designing, building and presenting a product idea to a company for licensing. Of those, 396 obtained license agreements and 14 became profitable. So, out of every thousand customers who completed the development of their product, 28 entered into a license agreement and one became profitable. To some people, one out of a thousand may not sound like a great success rate for profits, but we challenge any company out there to match it. Check with anyone else out there offering the same or similar services. If they will even tell you their numbers (most of them won’t), you will find that this company is the most successful at what is a very risky undertaking. And it’s not right for those who don’t understand or can’t accept the risk of the inventing experience to complain about it. It is not all about signing licensing agreements and profits (as this blogger implies). You have to be willing to accept that inventing is high risk with no guarantees of licensing agreements being signed and profits being made. If an inventor can’t read the numbers and be willing to accept the risks, he or she has no place being in new product development or complaining about it. What we offer is economic product design and development services that mirror how manufacturers and corporations design and develop their new inventions. And, like most manufacturers, we acknowledge and insist that all clients acknowledge that most ideas are not going to be profitable but that inventing demands a positive attitude and that getting a new product onto the market requires a great amount of effort. It comes down to the “spirit of inventing”. And it is downright stupid for the poster to say that an inventor shouldn’t use our services, unless he can say that there is a better way. What the poster is really saying is that he can’t stand the heat, so everyone else should stay out of the kitchen, too. This “nanny” kind of attitude can kill innovation and is contrary to the spirit that puts a new product on a shelf. We complete 100% of our contractual obligations and we can build most (certainly not all) types inventions and we do represent new inventions to manufacturers in an attempt to license them for inventors, but that doesn’t mean that inventors don’t have choices beyond our services. For example, just because one of our registered manufacturers has chosen not to pursue a particular inventor’s project doesn’t mean the inventor should not pursue licensing on their own or hire a manufacturer to produce their invention or represent their invention to retailers or start their own business which can all be based on the product design and development work our team accomplished for them. Basically, each inventor has a choice to pursue an entrepreneur’s dream or not – no matter what decisions are made we offer to provide economic services at very good price points. Who would have thought by coiling a spring that one of the world’s most famous toys would have been born – “The Slinky.” Wonder how many choices this inventor had to face, not to mention how many negative people he had to deal with along the way, when designing, developing, packaging, and then manufacturing his own toy invention. It’s a good thing that the inventor decided to pursue his dream or kids for the past fifty years wouldn’t have had “Slinky” toys to enjoy. Since we don’t know who this anonymous blogger is, we’ll just provide an outline of the services we offer and the way that we offer them: Step One: All customers must acknowledge the risks of invention development. In order to do so, each prospective customer is provided with an Affirmative Disclosure and an American Inventors Protection Act disclosure, which includes a description of all of our services and estimated fees. All potential clients must acknowledge that they received and read these disclosures before we accept any idea submission from them. Thereby, we ensure that the general public understands that inventing is time-consuming, costly and rarely results in profit. As a result, none of our clients reasonably can have the impression that inventing is easy and financially rewarding. Inventing can be educational, fun and exciting as long as everyone keeps in mind and tolerates the risks. Step Two: Pre-Development Service Offer: After receipt of an invention idea we could offer to perform preliminary design research services on the project. This would include researching prior patents and other products that are for sale or have been for sale that are similar to the one submitted. Any service offer made to a potential client is made in writing. Therefore, consumers are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing and when they will receive them. Step Three: Invention Prototype Services Offer: If the inventor does not have a professional quality sample for use, we can perform one or more services, including brainstorming new product designs, designing components, creating prototypes, building working models, virtual reality renderings, and complete product graphics and packaging. Again, any service offerings are outlined in a written contract. Therefore, clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing. Step Four: Licensing Representation: Once projects are designed, built and packaged our team presents them to companies for licensing consideration. Licensing means that a manufacturer is willing to produce, distribute and sell the new product for a set number of years while the owner of the invention is compensated in royalty payments. The above is a basic outline of how our company does business. If you are ever contemplating any development services, we hope that you will consider us. We think that you will find our prices to be very reasonable for the services we offer. For over 20 years, we have helped people prepare and present their ideas to corporations and manufacturers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry. Quick facts about our company and our process * We are based in Pittsburgh, PA and work with clients from around the world. * We have been in business since 1989. * Our company’s products have been sold by over 700 stores & online retailers. * Our staff designs products for both individuals and corporate clients. * We have over 250 staff members. * Our staff has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs. * We are a member of the Online Business Bureau. * Our services include research, prototype development, and packaging design. Although this blogger claims to be a former employee of ours we highly doubt it because our employees know that inventing is high risk, that there are no guarantees and that all the information is disclosed to our clients in advance. What we do guarantee is that we will research, engineer, design, build, and package each inventor’s project according to each contract. Thank you for your time. We hope you found the above helpful, but if you want additional information on anything concerning the company, please email cca@davisoninvents.com CCA
Author's

So, i was talking to this guy named Jeremy Deglmann for a couple of months and he wanted me to sign a contract and send in $695.00 for a kit to help get you started.I thought i should do some researching on Davison turns out all the reeviews they got were bad ones.

People getting scammed and robbed of their money. Then i decided to search the guy i have been talking to on facebook. When i clicked on his profile it was a 23 year old kid with two beer mugs one in is hand and the other he was chugging down. He sounded very professional on the phone and through his emails.

He didn't even attend college Davison hires low life's to scam people.

Don't believe me?Search him on facebook and you'll see that those are the type of people that Davison hires.

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?

Comments

Please read the affirmitive disclosure statement thoroughly before moving forward and giving any monies. I previously worked at davison and the number of people who actualy made more money than they invested is only 14...That's right...14...They are very...very unsuccessful in signing or even obtaining a licensing agreement. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with Davison, and if you do...proceed with caution.

I am very curious as to how and why a product idea we discussed in a "confidentiality agreement" and had a patent search completed through Davidson and waiting to begin and proceed to the next level not because we didn't have the money but waiting on Davidson seemingly took forever to get to the next level on their end, however, months later and the day before signing the go ahead agreement and submitting over 13k dollars, I see my idea already on a commercial!I'm very curious.

Being a business owner of more than 4 years now I'm very very disappointed in the loyalty of Corporate America. However, I Thank God for allowing me to see this advertisement on tv just the day before I submitted my money and completed the paperwork.

This Commercial using our Terminology but the tool created much simpler than our idea.Now what even was more odd was the reply when I declined and told why, again being a business owner this is just a bit odd and disappointing to me.

davisoninvents
#205417

Dek1945:

I would be more than happy to look into your refund request, however I have no information regarding who you are or what the circumstances were regarding the request. Please email me at CCA@davisoninvents.com with the following information:

Your Name:

Your phone number or address:

Director: Michael Hileman

How was your request submitted? US Mail or email

Once we have established who you are we can update you on the status of your request. If you do not provide me with the information I will not be able to help.

Davison Chief Consumer Advocate

Dek1945
#204362

Dear Cheif Consumer Advocate,can we come right up to date, on the 20th April 2010.

Michael Howman agreed to give me a Refund,I followed his instructions to the letter,and requested the refund in writing,to date 26th October 2010, ive have not had the refund your comments please.

#199561

I work with Davison and trully at first I was skeptical but who wouldnt be after giving large amounts of money.All I can say is I have faith in God that everything will be done right.

I got my portfolio from them I am just awaiting more information on the next steps. Trust me I know how people feel but inorder to recieve you must give.

Greater the sacrifice greater the reward.Trust me I dont have 16,000 dollars I am unemployed but God made a way for me to get off my two projects so I leave it in Gods hands.

Davison Chief Consumer Advoscam thats what your title should be and this bulshit you wrote here will not bring anyone to Davison and Davison the best thing your company should do is just charge the initial valuation fee and then do your best to profit from the invention and not the inventor.How do you expect someone to pay you $16,000 for some idea that you haven't even have sketches of how the product will be made.

Learn from Lambert and Lambert they are more professional and even refund your initial pay if they believe your idea is a good prospect and working on it. I guess the $26 million lawsuit made your company worse because you want to scam money to pay the law suit. Honestly if i submitted my idea and i paid the $650 initial payment i had no money left got laid off work and they told me i have to pay $16,000 for them to get my product infront of the co-operation and i told them listen if you think am going to pay that much money and you haven't even barinstorm my idea and come up with a sketch them you are out of your mind. I even offered them to take 30% of my royalty instade of 10% and they decline so i said 40% they still declined then this opened my eyes that if this guys don't think they will make over $16,000 of this project with the 40% royalty then why in the *** am I giving them $16,000.

so i told them to get lost.Don't ever ever ever ever ever work with this company.

inventor888

Please contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) about this experience with Davison (they have established a hotline specific to this issue and recently paid over 10 Million to reimburse consumers scammed).Davison has been banned from deceptive business practices BUT THEY CONTINUE.

If the FTC gets enough complaints they will reopen the law suit and hopefully shut this business down.

They are snakes.Please act to help others, and avoid illegal business practices being performed by Davison.

wow, i believe

On November 1, 2009, the executive management staff at Davison created a new position titled Chief Consumer Advocate. The core responsibilities of this position are to ensure that we are truly listening to you, hearing what you are saying, and taking our customer concerns directly to the office of the President. The mission of this position is “100% customer service based on Open, Honest and Accessible Communication.” We want you to know that we are on your side. We also understand that the consumer has a larger voice than ever before and they are not afraid to speak up. Several years ago, we began investigating the negativity about us on the Web and even joined a corporate advocacy program through a website that posts negative blogs. That investigation opened our eyes to the serious issues we face and how we are perceived in the online consumer world. What we uncovered was that only 30% of the nearly 100 complaints were from actual consumers. The majority of the blog postings came from competitors and people who have never submitted an idea to us. Finally, the vast majority of complaints were from inventors who did not want to do anything to help develop their inventions, but expected us to do this work for free. We honored our pledge on that site and worked hard to satisfy all clients who filed a complaint.

This new independent department called “Consumer Advocacy” is set up within the company to address every concern that a client may have with our...

This year’s new initiative is a challenging one as there are many new complaint websites and fewer requirements from complainers to provide accurate contact information that would help us to remedy situations. For this reason we are providing a reward for anyone who can help us separate the factual complaints from the bogus ones. To begin, if you need to communicate a concern to us, please email us at CCA@davisoninvents.com; this will ensure that your voice is heard. Next, we are offering a $300 reward for evidence that proves that a bogus complaint was submitted by a competitor or person not affiliated with us. All current and former employees are bound by an ethics and confidentiality agreement so we will pay $200 for evidence that exposes a former employee for slanderous and false statements intended to mislead and misinform customers. Finally, a payment of $100 will be given for contact information that leads us to a false statement(s) made by a former client. We have been in business for 20 years and we have more products on the shelf than any of our competitors. We appreciate everyone who encouraged us to take this stand to protect our name. Lastly, we strongly encourage all former, current and future clients to view our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website so you can get the answers directly from us. Thank you.

Davison Chief Consumer Advocate