Reply by Davison Inventions

We understand that customer service is vital in all businesses, and is imperative when operating a successful business. Customer concerns upset everyone and our staff works very hard to troubleshoot them so communication errors are kept to a minimum. From the time of an initial contact, through the research and development of a new product idea, to the presentation of a client’s product sample, we try to maintain an open channel of communication, disclosing our services and fee upfront and securing our clients’ approval and authorization throughout the process.

Initially, it should be clarified that you entered a contract for design services in April 2016. You were offered multiple payment options, including an hourly rate, and chose a lump sum retainer. Services under the contract are not due to be performed until full payment of the retainer has been received. To date, you have not made full payment and no services are due. Despite not being obligated, Davison does begin the design process when 60% of the fee has been paid.

Unfortunately, your post mischaracterizes the scope of work that is to be performed. You claim that Davison was to build a prototype - this is a mischaracterization. Davison is not a prototype manufacturer that creates a product sample based upon the client’s preconceived notions. Davison is a design and development firm whose goal is to create a product sample that is a cost-effective solution to the problem identified by the client. The contract explicitly states that there may be modifications, sometimes significant, to the client’s proposed solution. Davison began its services and submitted a proposed design for your review. The express purpose of securing a client’s approval of the design, before the physical product sample is constructed, is to resolve any issues at the early stage of the development process. You did not approve the initial proposed design, which is fine. Davison has received your comments and is reviewing the design. You then allege a breach of the contract (despite the fact that no services are yet due to be performed as you have not made full payment) and claim to have secured representation. Your comments about the brainstorming sessions, a budget, a timeline, and the demand for more money simply have no factual basis. Davison remains willing to complete the terms of the contract upon receipt of the previously agreed contract fee.

For over 25 years, Davison has helped everyday people prepare and present their ideas to corporations, manufacturers, and retailers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry.

Quick facts about Davison and our process

• We are based in Pittsburgh, PA and works with clients from around the world.
• We have been in business since 1989.
• Our products have been sold by over 1,000 stores & online retailers.
• We design, build and package products for both individuals and corporate clients.
• Our staff of 250 plus are dedicated to helping bring new product ideas to life.
• Our staff has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs.
• We are a member of the Online Business Bureau and other affiliate groups.

We encourage any questions or concerns be brought to our attention at CCA@davisoninvents.com. Maybe we can help. Thank you.
Author's
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I contracted Davison to design & build a prototype for me.After promising me a "Brainstorming session" with designers at the onset, they refused all attempts I made to have the brainstorming session, refused to share any information on what they were doing, refused to provide budget a& timeline information on the work they were supposedly doing for me and instead went on to design a totally different product than I contracted them to do, refused to show that to me until they completed the packaging design for a company they planned to offer it to!

When finally showed their design, it wasn't even a design at all! It was a graphic picture of a product with a totally different name that did not even perform my ideas main function! Then tried to hit me up for more money. I did not approve of what they were trying to deliver and told them so by telephone, email and registered mail.

They told me they were arranging a conversation for me with their president Mr. Davison back in July but never did. Then had the nerve to try and offer me a coupon for a discount for additional services. I reminded them they still hadn't fulfilled their initial obligation and that I planned to turn the matter over to my attorney.

Now, after I tell their vice president that I want my money back or I'm handing it over to my attorney, I get this letter offering to stall yet once again for a phone call from the President, this time Frank Vescio.I was actually in the middle of preparing the timeline of my dealings with Davison & collecting evidence my attorney asked me to provide to him for the letter he is preparing for Davison to initiate a lawsuit for my money back, when I saw this posting.

Review about: Davison Inventions Invention Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Being conned.

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?