Reply by Davison Inventions

As you stated in your complaint, you didn’t go into any detail about any particular issue about our company or services. Nonetheless, Pissed Consumer asked that you contact us at CCA@davisoninvents.com to see if we could work out any problems you had. Since you have chosen NOT to contact us we assume either you are a competitor, you are just upset that your product didn’t go anywhere or you have reconsidered your opinion. It does seem odd that, if you really had a complaint, you did not respond to the initial request to contact Davison’s Chief Consumer Advocate to attempt to resolve your issues. Most likely you are a competitor attempting to confuse consumers. We have found through other complaint channel web based services that in some cases over 70% of the complaints on a particular website were tracked back to competitors. We understand that we offer the best quality services at the best price points so do everyone a favor and please comply with the rules of business etiquette – compete on quality and price. As most businesses do, we settled with the FTC and ensure we follow the FTC’s advertising and marketing rules and guidelines. All of our ads and promotional materials are scrutinized and have to meet legal approval before they are published to the general public. Finally, the allegation that Davison is a Ponzi scheme is defamatory and legally actionable. You should take it down. How you could make such a scurrilous, unfounded accusation when the company provides full disclosures, works only through written contracts and has opened its doors through its Chief Consumer Advocate. Furthermore, calling something a Ponzi scheme doesn’t make it one. A Ponzi scheme is an investment scheme where the money from later investors is used to pay back early investors. Look it up sometime. What Davison does is disclose in writing, in advance, that it is very unlikely that any particular product developed will result in profit. That is the opposite of your allegation. For those that would like to understand our services we hope you find the information below helpful. Step One: All consumers must acknowledge invention development is high risk. In order to do so, each prospective customer is provided with an Affirmative Disclosure and an American Inventors Protection Act disclosure. All potential clients must acknowledge that they received and read these disclosures before we accept any idea submission from them. Thereby, we ensure that the general public understands that inventing is time-consuming, costly and rarely results in profit. As a result, none of our clients should have the impression that inventing is easy and financially rewarding. Inventing can be educational, fun and exciting as long as everyone keeps in mind that there are no guarantees that profits are eminent. Step Two: Pre-development Service Offer: After receipt of an invention idea we could offer to perform preliminary design research services on the project. This would include researching prior patents and other products are for sale or have been for sale that are similar to the one submitted. Any service offer made to a potential client is made in writing. Therefore, consumers are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing and shall receive in a timely manner. Step Three: Invention Prototype Services Offer: If the inventor does not have a professional quality sample for use, we can perform one or more services, including brainstorming new product designs, designing components, creating prototypes, building working models, virtual reality renderings, video demonstrations of the invention in use and complete product graphics and packaging. Here again, any service offerings are outlined in a written contractual format. Therefore, clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing and shall receive in a timely manner. Step Four: Licensing Representation: Once projects are designed, built and packaged our team presents them to companies licensing consideration. Licensing means that a manufacturer is willing to produce, distribute and sell the new product for a set number of years as you, the owner of the invention is compensated in royalty payments. Of course, any service offering would be on a written contractual basis. The above is a basic outline of how our team can help create what inventors find to be necessary product development materials. Thank you,CCA
Author's

Without going into detail, anyone reading this has probably gone through the same experience of getting ripped off by Davison Design.My experience is that they pay no attention to anything but the fees they charge----and go after as many people as they can.Talk is cheap and that they do a lot of convincing you they are for real.

If everyone would take the time to go to the Federal trade Commision website and send in a complaint, we might get somewhere. Davison was sued before for not stating certain facts on their website and now stipulate the information required by the FTC on their website but I don`t believe there are any disclosures on their website about running a Ponzi Scheme which I believe they are.If you have the time let others know about the FTC and send in your own complaint.Collectively we may be able to do something about it and I`m really stretching here----get our money back.

If you are reading this, please pass the message along.Thanks

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?

Comments

inventor888

Please contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) about this experience with Davison (they have established a hotline specific to this issue and recently paid over 10 Million to reimburse consumers scammed).In the previous lawsuit, Davison was banned from deceptive business practices BUT THEY CONTINUE.

It happened to me. If the FTC gets enough complaints they will reopen the law suit and hopefully shut this business down.

I want my $ back.Please act to help others, and avoid illegal business practices being performed by Davison.

On November 1, 2009, the executive management staff at Davison created a new position titled Chief Consumer Advocate. The core responsibilities of this position are to ensure that we are truly listening to you, hearing what you are saying, and taking our customer concerns directly to the office of the President. The mission of this position is “100% customer service based on Open, Honest and Accessible Communication.” We want you to know that we are on your side. We also understand that the consumer has a larger voice than ever before and they are not afraid to speak up. Several years ago, we began investigating the negativity about us on the Web and even joined a corporate advocacy program through a website that posts negative blogs. That investigation opened our eyes to the serious issues we face and how we are perceived in the online consumer world. What we uncovered was that only 30% of the nearly 100 complaints were from actual consumers. The majority of the blog postings came from competitors and people who have never submitted an idea to us. Finally, the vast majority of complaints were from inventors who did not want to do anything to help develop their inventions, but expected us to do this work for free. We honored our pledge on that site and worked hard to satisfy all clients who filed a complaint.

This new independent department called “Consumer Advocacy” is set up within the company to address every concern that a client may have with our...

This year’s new initiative is a challenging one as there are many new complaint websites and fewer requirements from complainers to provide accurate contact information that would help us to remedy situations. For this reason we are providing a reward for anyone who can help us separate the factual complaints from the bogus ones. To begin, if you need to communicate a concern to us, please email us at CCA@davisoninvents.com; this will ensure that your voice is heard. Next, we are offering a $300 reward for evidence that proves that a bogus complaint was submitted by a competitor or person not affiliated with us. All current and former employees are bound by an ethics and confidentiality agreement so we will pay $200 for evidence that exposes a former employee for slanderous and false statements intended to mislead and misinform customers. Finally, a payment of $100 will be given for contact information that leads us to a false statement(s) made by a former client. We have been in business for 20 years and we have more products on the shelf than any of our competitors. We appreciate everyone who encouraged us to take this stand to protect our name. Lastly, we strongly encourage all former, current and future clients to view our Frequently Asked Questions page on our website so you can get the answers directly from us. Thank you.

Davison Chief Consumer Advocate

Hey Lori,

In a Ponzi scheme, they take cash from new investors to pay off the old ones so at least someone is happy, some of the time.Davison takes from everyone all the time & all at once, leaving...well...no-one happy (lol).

At least Robin Hood took from the rich & gave to the poor.Davison takes from the poor and makes themselves rich.

I have done enough for DAVISON. I don't know what else they could possibly want from me. I have been treated worse than an animal.It's very eveident.

LORI L.LEMIEUX

32 Myrtle st.

Claremont NH.*****

`I Felt i gave them alot of good ideas to go on as well as quite a few of my very own

design ideas as well,I also verbaly discussed my son kid rhythm,next thing know

???Is ON theinternet advertised is kid's rhythm sticks,as well as other thing'ss and saw in stores and on internet throughout these past few or so months.

I requested an itemized bill for example like an estimate like plan,They told me I would make 90% they would take 10% I would have 50-50.MY heart sank when i heard 90 because i thought who would take 90%and that's really greedy.They then said "were running a special" and $630.00 to

send through a credit card,when i told them

i had no checks no credit card,they told me to go to a website they suggested and apply,and that his wife has several.I replied i don't like credit cards.I would basicly go through this routine about 1-2

times a week.I told them my husband was a disabled veteran,after they called 4 times

in a row,next time i answered MY PHONE,the employee told me my husband need's to appolgise,he need's t get off his high horse, and then told me to throw the phone at him.I said NO!I still can not belive it,I was really so upset another time could barely get my words out and how it was going to upset my husband.I had to hang up on them.I believe that was the only time they did not ask for money.I never gave them any money.I was always wondering what is going on.Another time they told me that I...

an amazingly goodness about it,and very wonderousness's about it,I would think it

would be a whole lot easier to *** out the bad in their co. than every where else,If you have a contience.Iwould rather get fired

than to do bad things.I actually had fun and good laughs thinking of some of my idea's.I know i would'nt do anything to provoke a negative responce,which is also in referance to my being serious enough,what does that say about them and or their co.which he now calls their firm.

Who's not being serious? Any co.is not a game at anyones amusement or expence,especially peoples lifes.

1-29-2010 lemieux_lori@yahoo.com

LORI L. LEMIEUX

32myrtle st.

claremont nh,*****

IM going back to there web site again,

AND still i still hope it all works out for the best. also in regards to a blog i read previous and ,if they are'nt going to use peoples ideas,or can't.They should never ask them for money,and keep asking them for more and then some,and leave them hanging,knowing this as they tell them we are ready to target a corperation,well what happened when they did it'has been several months later, re read my e-mais,so i am not wrong. LORI

design ideas as well,I also verbaly discussed my son kid rhythm,next thing know

send through a credit card,when i told them

in a row,next time i answered MY PHONE,the employee told me my husband need's to appolgise and then told me to through the phone at him.I said NO!I still can not belive it,I was really so upset another time could barely get my words out and how it was going to upset my husband.I had to hang up on them.I believe that was the only time they did not ask for money.I never gave them any money.I was always wondering what is going on.Another time they told me that I was not serious enough.Oh i really...

1-29-2010 lemieux_lori@yahoo.com