Reply by Davison Inventions

To Ms. Brenda Lavigne - Report # 946362,

Customer concerns upset everyone and our staff works hard to address them in a timely manner. You contacted Davison with an idea for a new product and entered into a Pre-Development Agreement for the completion of research related to your submitted idea. This research was completed and provided to you. Following this service, you completed a questionnaire in which you gave positive feedback. Davison has performed its services to your documented satisfaction; there is no basis for a refund.

In your post, you imply a deceptive motive in relying upon the written contracts. That is unfounded. Davison makes a continued effort to minimize any confusion over its fees and services. There is a full disclosure of all services and fees before any service contract is entered and before any payments are made. The contracts are simply written with no “fine print” provisions, and the staff maintains an open channel of communication throughout the process. To simply ignore the written terms, and rely on alleged verbal statements, would create the typically unending, and irresolvable, “he said – she said” scenario. The contracts state clearly, and fully, the scope of services to be provided. Reliance on the contract terms is not only prudent, but necessary, to avoid undue confusion.

You also demand the return of your prototype despite your prior acknowledgement that Davison has no obligation to retain or return any material that you may have provided. When you submitted your idea, you did so pursuant to a Confidentiality Agreement. The Agreement expressly states; “I will not send Davison materials or prototypes that I want returned because Davison will not return any materials submitted to it by me concerning my idea.” Further, the Pre-Development Agreement which you entered contains the following provision; “E. Client Materials. Davison is not responsible for the loss, maintenance or return of prototypes, drawings or any other materials submitted by Client to Davison.” You sent your materials to Davison after having entered these agreements. It is not reasonable to require Davison to serve as a permanent repository of any item any person decides to send. That is the express reason the above language is part of the Confidentiality Agreement and part of the service contracts. Despite having no contractual obligation, Davison will attempt to locate your prototype and, if it is located, will make arrangements for its return.

For over 25 years, Davison has helped everyday people prepare and present their ideas to corporations, manufacturers, and retailers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry.

Quick facts about Davison and our process

• We are based in Pittsburgh, PA and works with clients from around the world.
• We have been in business since 1989.
• Our products have been sold by over 1,000 stores & online retailers.
• We design, build and package products for both individuals and corporate clients.
• Our staff of 250 plus are dedicated to helping bring new product ideas to life.
• Our staff has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs.
• We are a member of the Online Business Bureau and other affiliate groups.

We encourage any questions or concerns be brought to our attention at CCA@davisoninvents.com. Maybe we can help. Thank you.
Author's

what the contract states and what is told to you by employees are completely different.the contract is to cover your own ***.

that is why they want to speak to only on the phone. they told me we do not email, just call. well here we are, I WANT MY MONEY BACK ASAP. and my prototype in damaged..

if you need to insure the package then do so.

your rhetoric is falling on my deaf ears.

AGAIN, I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND MY PROTOTYPE BACK UNDAMAGED SEND CERTIFIED CHECK CERTIFIED MAIL ALONG WITH MY PROTOTYPE

Review about: Davison Inventions Invention Service.

Reason of review: i want my money and prototype back asap.

Preferred solution: i want my money and prototype back.

I didn't like: Whole company is a scam.

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?