Reply by Davison Inventions

Although you do not raise any particular issue about our company or services we offer in your complaint, Pissed Consumer requested that you contact us at CCA@davisoninvents.com. Since you have chosen NOT to contact us we will describe how our company offers to assist inventors. Step One: All potential clients must acknowledge that invention development is high risk. In order to do so, each prospective customer is provided with an Affirmative Disclosure and an American Inventors Protection Act disclosure. All potential clients must acknowledge that they received and read these disclosures before we accept any idea submission from them. Thereby, we ensure that invention submitters understand that inventing is time-consuming, costly and rarely results in profit. As a result, none of our clients should have the impression that inventing is easy and financially rewarding. Inventing can be educational, fun and exciting as long as everyone keeps in mind that profit is unlikely. Step Two: Pre-development Service Offer: After receipt of an invention idea we often offer to perform preliminary design research services on the project. This would include researching prior patents of inventions that are similar or perform the same function as the idea submitted and information on other products that are for sale or have been for sale that are similar to the one submitted. Any service offer made to a potential client is made in writing so that clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing. Step Three: Invention Prototype Services Offer: If the inventor does not have a professional quality sample for use, we can perform one or more services, including brainstorming new product designs, designing components, creating prototypes, building working models, virtual reality renderings, video demonstrations of the invention in use and complete product graphics and packaging. Here again, any service offerings are outlined in a written contract so that clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing. Step Four: Licensing Representation: Once projects are designed, built and packaged our team presents them to companies for licensing consideration. The above is a basic outline of how our company does business. Clearly, all of our services are provided with full risk disclosures and on a written contract basis only. Therefore, to somehow suggest that those who purchase our service get “burned” is untrue. We can only ask that you re-read the agreement and compare our services to other companies. You will find our pricing to be very reasonable. Of course, you can attempt performing the services yourself. Conduct your own patent and competitive product searches, create new product designs and build prototypes and packaging. We wish you the best of luck with your idea or invention. Thank you, CCA
Author's

I was saved by the bell when my computer jammed and prevented me from printing out the forms needed to get the ball rolling and the pay Davison $690.00 to research and develop my invention.

I told the person that was taking care of me that I would go to the bank the next day to wire transfer the money. I've been down this path before so I started to research complaints on this company.

I fill sorry for those that got burned. I am greatful to all of you and Pissed for sharing what happend to you by the Davison co. I was told about the same thing that I read from those that complain on Pissed. This happend 4/29/08. I found only one complaint on Davison and was about to give up and

go to the bank and send the money. Then I came

across the site of Pissed. That trudly made my day.

I lost $2500.00 50 years ago trying to do the same thing. $2500.00 in todays money would be more like 30 or 40,000.00. Money saved is money earned.

thank you Pissed!

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?

Comments

i havent givin them *** yet but a rep. is gonna phone me back on monday and he wants me to send them $695 to pre-developement ive been talking to this guy for a few weeks now and he sent me a few things to my e-mail with a contract all ready signed but after reading all these complaints i think i might pull out.

WOW! Anyone seen BOILER ROOM?

I have just came across your article about Davison. I have a great idea also and this is what my rep. there at Davison told me. I pay the $556 to get the research and other things out of the way. He said it would take about a month. The prototype would cost between $5000 and $8000. It is an electronic item.

After the research and whatnot I am supposed to pay this money to continue with the project of building the prototype and that that cost also included the patent.

Now, my friend has a very simple idea and is made from 1 piece of plastic and 2 pieces of rubber and the rep. he is working with told him $15000. I am very upset at these guys and I have come to a complete holt with them.

Can you please give me an update as to where you are with Davison at this point?

chech out www.davisonbeware.com

Reading some of these scare me.Not the stories but the spelling in these articles!!

Do we educate in America anymore?These people may or may not have a valid point but they look like morons the way they communicate!

comments