Reply by Davison Inventions

Customer service is vital in all businesses and is imperative when operating a successful business. Customer concerns upset everyone and our staff works very hard to troubleshoot them so communication errors are kept to a minimum. From reading your complaint there appears to a communication breakdown and you are upset. We are acknowledging your post so let’s fix this. In truth, customers are not always right and companies are not always right. The effort to curing issues of concern, listening intently and calmly addressing issues is a role our Chief Consumer Advocate’s office has enthusiastically taken on. If you are a client, we are sure that you received our initial printed brochure, visited our website and received subsequent materials - all of which thoroughly described our services. In addition, you would have received simply written contracts that clearly describe each service offering and the fees associated with those services. When you have the opportunity please re-review the materials. One of the things you will notice is that all of our contracts and the disclosure documents that you received said explicitly that we don’t evaluate product ideas. So, if you were thinking that you had the greatest idea in the world, it wasn’t because the company was offering you services or telling you that. If you still feel as though you did not receive the services that were described to you in writing, you should contact our offices. We try to communicate in a very complete manner while recognizing the fact we are contacted by individuals from all over the world. Sometimes communications can be difficult because of cultural barriers. Thus, the great need to place all of our service offerings in clear and easily understood agreements. When someone contracts with us for design services, they are contracting to have our company prepare a design and build a sample. Sometimes, the way that a client proposes that a product should look or function is not an efficient or even workable way to make something. Sometimes, clients with little or no design or engineering experience decide that things should be a certain way without having any idea how to make the product or get it to do what they want. We are proud of the quality of our work and employ the latest technology and quality controls in producing product samples and packaging. If you have an issue with the quality, contact us and we will examine it. Anonymously taking to the internet doesn’t get your problem fixed. Also, we would like to note that in the past competitors have posted false and malicious complaints about us on the internet. Instead of choosing to compete by offering economical product design, development and packaging services they have chosen to confuse consumers with false information. We don’t know if this person is a client or not. Below is a brief description of the services we offer and the way that we offer them: Step One: All customers must acknowledge invention development is high risk. In order to do so, each prospective customer is provided with an Affirmative Disclosure and an American Inventors Protection Act disclosure, which includes a description of all of our services and estimated fees. All potential clients must acknowledge that they received and read these disclosures before we accept any idea submission from them. Thereby, we ensure that the general public understands that inventing is time-consuming, costly and rarely results in profit. As a result, none of our clients reasonably can have the impression that inventing is easy and financially rewarding. Inventing can be educational, fun and exciting as long as everyone keeps in mind that there are no guarantees that profits are imminent. Step Two: Pre-Development Service Offer: After receipt of an invention idea we could offer to perform preliminary design research services on the project. This would include researching prior patents and other products that are for sale or have been for sale that are similar to the one submitted. Any service offer made to a potential client is made in writing. Therefore, consumers are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing and when they will receive them. Step Three: Invention Prototype Services Offer: If the inventor does not have a professional quality sample for use, we can perform one or more services, including brainstorming new product designs, designing components, creating prototypes, building working models, virtual reality renderings, and complete product graphics and packaging. Again, any service offerings are outlined in a written contractual format. Therefore, clients are assured of exactly what services they are purchasing. Step Four: Licensing Representation: Once projects are designed, built and packaged our team presents them to companies for licensing consideration. The above is a basic outline of how our company does business. Clearly, all of our services are provided with full risk disclosures and on a written contract basis only. If you are ever contemplating any development services, we hope that you will consider us. We think that you will find our prices to be very reasonable for the services we offer. For over 20 years, we have helped people prepare and present their ideas to corporations and manufacturers to see if they would be willing to license the product ideas. Our exclusive idea to product method is responsible for more products on the store shelves than any other competitor in this industry. Quick facts about our company and our process: We are based in Pittsburgh, PA and work with clients from around the world. We have been in business since 1989. Our company’s products have been sold by over 1,000 stores & online retailers. Our staff designs products for both individuals and corporate clients. We have over 250 staff members. Our staff has won numerous design awards for innovative product designs. We are a member of the Online Business Bureau. Our services include research, prototype development, and packaging design. We hope you found the above helpful, but if you want additional information on anything concerning the company, please email cca@davisoninvents.com CCA
Author's

In about 2003 I emailed Davidson Inventegration about an idea for a tail gating deterent due to the high number of rear end collisions. A supposedly nice bloke called James Woodruff phoned me late at night as I am in Australia and suggested the idea would have a return in the 6 figure range, I would need to pay about $600 for patent search, stupidly done the next contact was by another arrogant bloke as Mr Woodruff had parted ways, this bloke asked for more money to develope a prototype to present to clients 10k, stupidly paid. Next I recieved one glossy page of the cardboar packaging it would supposedly come in, approved with a signature and sent back then a request to show it to one client then never heard of again or contactable after many attempts, even lodging some more fake ideas on their site waiting for some goose to ring me.

Had an Experience with Davison Inventions?

Comments

Shut the F up!

Holy *** you sound *** ***! I am so happy I do not live by all of you freaks!Go figure why you got ***,I would not want to talk to you either.

A representative from Davison has contacted me since my review was submitted to Pissed Consumer.com.I was told that there was a second letter sent to me for approval to take the idea to another client.

I did not receive this letter and the Davison representative realising the "the ball was dropped".

To this end they have offered to repackage the product and take to three more clients free of charge, I was informed by the representative this was roughly a $300.00 fee each client.This was the offer by Davison to reconcile the issue with the provision the submittal to pissed consumer.com was removed or retracted.

I Ashleigh Arthur here by retract the previously made statement and look forward to the outcome and their commitment to customer satisfaction

I would jest like to no out of all the complaints did anyone recive a prototype if not why.

comments